5 years on KETO...

CoachDennis

Administrator
May 11, 2021
5 years into this Ketogenic Journey......

So yesterday, after my 15 year old had basketball practice I took him to eat at a steakhouse.

This is very easy for me as I had :

Salad with no croutons - oil and vinegar dressing

6 oz sirloin w. broccoli

and 1 Macadamia FBOMB nut butter for dessert in the car when I was done. I watched him and my wife both eat bread, I don't need it, want or miss it.

When we left there my son said, "dad I haven't had a donut in forever, can we go to Krispy Kreme". Now my son is 6'1 and 150lbs and burns thousands of calories a day thru his exercise. So he ate 2 donuts right away, as the HOT AND NOW sign was on.

Here is the point:

I ordered those donuts, I smelled those donuts, a felt the heat out the bottom of the box of donuts as she handed them to me thru the window. I did NOT want one of those donuts. Not even a little bit. Not even a bite, not even a thought, I could have 100% cared less about them. I was happy he enjoyed them. But for me, you couldn't MAKE me eat one of those donuts.

I share this view into my life as this is just a typical Thursday afternoon. Rewind this to 5 years ago and I would have HAD to have some bread at dinner. I would have had to have a "bite" of a donut. And then would have eaten 1 or 2 that night after everyone went to bed. Then I would have just been mad at myself later, and blamed my failure in food for the scale not moving and just felt more hopeless. As it would indeed reset my progress.

I now look at all those things and I honestly do NOT miss them and do NOT want them. I love this lifestyle and love being healthy. This is an amazing lifestyle and everyday that you do this - it just gets better and better and better!!

Food no longer has control over me.

Last edited:

MDryz105

May 26, 2021
CT
5 years into this Ketogenic Journey......

So yesterday, after my 15 year old had basketball practice I took him to eat at a steakhouse.

This is very easy for me as I had :

Salad with no croutons - oil and vinegar dressing

6 oz sirloin w. broccoli

and 1 Macadamia FBOMB nut butter for dessert in the car when I was done. I watched him and my wife both eat bread, I don't need it, want or miss it.

When we left there my son said, "dad I haven't had a donut in forever, can we go to Krispy Kreme". Now my son is 6'1 and 150lbs and burns thousands of calories a day thru his exercise. So he ate 2 donuts right away, as the HOT AND NOW sign was on.

Here is the point:

I ordered those donuts, I smelled those donuts, a felt the heat out the bottom of the box of donuts as she handed them to me thru the window. I did NOT want one of those donuts. Not even a little bit. Not even a bite, not even a thought, I could have 100% cared less about them. I was happy he enjoyed them. But for me, you couldn't MAKE me eat one of those donuts.

I share this view into my life as this is just a typical Thursday afternoon. Rewind this to 5 years ago and I would have HAD to have some bread at dinner. I would have had to have a "bite" of a donut. And then would have eaten 1 or 2 that night after everyone went to bed. Then I would have just been mad at myself later, and blamed my failure in food for the scale not moving and just felt more hopeless. As it would indeed reset my progress.

I now look at all those things and I honestly do NOT miss them and do NOT want them. I love this lifestyle and love being healthy. This is an amazing lifestyle and everyday that you do this - it just gets better and better and better!!

Food no longer has control over me.
My husband isn't doing Keto with me. For dinner, he will eat what I'm making for dinner but occasionally will ask me to make him some rice or some kind of carb type food (usually when he doesn't want the cauliflower rice I am making). Every day since starting the keto journey back in January, I make him a sandwich for lunch. No temptation to eat the bread. When and if we go out to eat, he sometimes will get tater tots or french fries, and the smell makes me turn my nose up - I don't like the smell anymore. All I smell is fat (if that is even possible) The other day we passed Chipotle and I almost threw up! Its amazing how the smells of things that I used to LOVE to eat and smell, now literally turn my stomach and I make a face like YUCK! Just like you, Coach, food doesn't control me and that feeling in itself is just so freeing!!!